Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 April 2011

Task 24: Personal review of the second year

Okay my personal review for the second year it felt like I just started this year here I come to the end of the year how fast was that!!! God time flies!!

I have recently checked the progression of my work and god damn I have improved so much my rendering, depth of details, tonal values and mark making looks more confident and my perspective also improving just need to keep drawing over the holidays then I should be near perfection!! Weirdly, my marks are not going up always wondered why?? What am I doing wrong?? How should I improve? See I expected me to get better marks on my first semester cause I had a lot of my work done and I seemed like I improved so much but for me personally I didn’t see the improvements for my markings!! I was really pissed and upset I wouldn’t lie. Yes they may be right on me doing something wrong but what is it?? This hasn’t put me down but made me stronger all I could do is carrying on and keep trying to improve! This applies for 3d max as well! I felt more confident this year with 3d max it felt like it was working exactly how I wanted it to! Soon as the assessment comes it just drags me back down!! What am I doing wrong seriously!! It doesn’t make sense at times! Like no lie sometimes I look at other people work some didn’t even texture the model and they got higher marks than me...how???

Overall I know the teachers are right on marking your grades and I am not saying it is unfair but it would be nice if they explained better on the errors you are making!! With the blogs I could understand but for visual design and game production it is still a blur! Like people say it’s better to say something than just avoid it and keep it in!!

Avoiding the assessments I think year 2 was a huge success for me I have learnt a lot more than my first year and built more complicated assets on 3d max and I actually enjoyed majority of my visual design projects well some were boring but it has to be done. Best to tell the truth than lie...am I not right?? =D well the big twist to year 2 was the group project!! It was a huge experience got to know my course mate’s a lot more than before which is definitely positive. To be honest I am extremely happy with my group I feel like I have learnt a lot more with working with my group than my first year!! I have also used the UDK bearing in mind it’s the first time me using the soft ware and hey I actually enjoyed it! =D just need to get more fluent with the shortcuts buttons it could be complicated at times cause 3d max has different shortcuts to UDK! Need to keep practising on that but I have literally enjoyed majority of my projects this year. This is my personal review of my second year!

No comments:

Post a Comment