Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 April 2011

Task 23: Where do you want to go, and how do you get there?

Before I started my first year I was confident and I thought I was brilliant at what I do. Well when I had my first lesson for visual design on my first year it went really bad for me I had trouble with perspective, rendering and everything else. It’s probably because I was under pressure as I had to show it in front of the whole class after the final’s completed but instead I just messed up. After that week everyone got their work and we all showed our work to each other and I was surprised with the work that other student produced it made me feel less confident to be honest I felt shit. I felt like this for a couple of weeks until I had another lecture with mike. Once again mike comes to the rescue he mentions we all should not lose confidence because theirs other artists out there that are better than you but you should use it as your strength and motivation to get better. Since he said that I started to produce better work and started to feel more confident than usual well it’s much better than feeling crap and unconfident. To be honest I didn’t realise how much I improved until I back tracked my work from my previous year and I seen how much I improved. I felt proud and a lot more confident and finally realised I may not be the best artists but I could improve and push it to my best ability until I get as good as an brilliant artist weirdly I never thought like that it’s just because there weren’t many good artist in my school and I always got complimented with my work but in university you get feedback on how you could improve it etc it is way different than high school or college.

I have been asked this question in many occasion in which role do you want to go??? This question was a blur for me for the first year but my mind starting to open up I think I want to be an environment artist but I still struggle with complex perspective I need to achieve the perspective until I could jump in to this role. 3D max should be fine as perspective is done by the programme but I still need to work on 3D max and practise on the UDK and get better at using both programmes. For visual design...I need more practise on perspective

I have decided over the holidays I will draw a lot of environments and landscape and keep practising with all kind of perspective until I get it perfect as it’s important for a game artist to not struggle with perspective. Soon as I get this problem solved I will start applying truthfully I should start applying now hopefully I should start applying after my last assessment which is on the 4th May and check the requirements for an environment artist. This is the path I decided to go for. Hopefully I should solve my problems over the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment