Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 April 2011

Task 21: Creativity

I strongly believe that creativity is hidden within everyone but lot of people avoid seeing it nowadays. This has started ages ago from the age of 15 years old I remember my uncle and my father telling me creativity or being artistic doesn’t get you far in life you should focus on the subjects like science, maths or architecture but they always looked down on art and neglected the hard work, creativity and talents that’s been put on to one final piece. Like mike said where all like swans we look like everything simple but underneath the water the swan going all wild with its feet just to pedal its way through the journey this quote definitely relates with us game artists. Like when people look at our work they don’t understand how many hours been put on that one final.

Even though I chose this path as my career my dad is supporting me as usual so that’s not my concern but looking at school in this generation they avoid creativity, talent etc. They focus the kids more on science, English, maths etc. Like Chris mentioned the other time about his daughter about how her English, maths etc. are lacking but like what the heck she’s just 4 years old. Well there’s nothing wrong with that what as ever as every parents wants the best for the children and every teachers for their student but sometimes they just need to step back and let them do whatever they want to do.

Creativity is in majority subject like music, art, dance and a lot more but this blog is not about my opinion of what I think creativity is as I did that last year it’s about how does creativity show itself within the game industry.

As an artist how do you show your creativity? Well I show it through my progression and improvements in my work like if I lacked using other materials I will keep trying until I keep improving. I will like to show my creativity through my improvements.
Am I talented or skilful?? Well I wouldn’t say I’m skilful but I try to show my talent through my art work. University has made me realise how creative I have become comparing to my first year and of course I would know what I need to improve on like the digital painting for example I will need more practise with that to improve and some media’s but I’m sure practise and time will make me achieve my goal.

Even with 3d max and the UDK I need to practise a lot to get really good at using the software to maintain a positive placement for my field. See like early on it said something about game being creative of course it is the whole package is creative like the area, theme, game play etc. UDK and 3Dmax hold the same. Whenever I work on 3D max or UDK I limit my creativity by just doing the project and moving on I should really do another couple of my own project this should enhance my knowledge for the software and my creativity i should hopefully do this over the holiday and enhance my knowledge about creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment